What cichlid is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Machinist

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
We got this guy from my mother-in-laws school library, the best match i can come up with is it may be a Red Zebra African Cichlid, Metriaclima estherae. Was just curious as to what some of you might think it is as well. Thanks

image-1091726397.jpg

I know i just seen that sorry im a bit new at this and plus im using my phone.

Got it!! First time i did it didn't work for some reason.

I also seen some pics on the internet of some albino and they look very similar it also has a very blue sheen but the eyes are not very red.

Awesome looks like i have an albino fish, thats pretty cool. Thanks

Finally got a better shot.

Attachments

• image-1452993446.jpg
    image-1452993446.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 99
  • image-488421256.jpg
    image-488421256.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 93
  • image-1332094016.jpg
    image-1332094016.jpg
    143.3 KB · Views: 84
Yup gotta agree with mouth brooder. Tech a albino has red eyes so urs is a white morph. I love the white with blue fins though.

So if i ever wanted to breed this fish, does it have to be with another white morph only,or can it be with another zebra of the same family but diff color??

Ok sounds logical enough, i just didn't know for sure.

you just shouldn't sell the fry basically

btw, if its in with a load of other affys, there's a likelihood of hybridizing anyways.... so just keep an eye on who is shimmying at who!

There's nothing wrong with hybrids as long as you don't sell or give them away.If they are for your own tank I see nothing wrong with them at all.Infact you could end up with some very interesting fish.

Back
Top Bottom