What do you think?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheCommunityCichlid

Aquarium Advice Addict
Today I took they time to do a full rescape of my 125 mixed African cichlid tank. Overall took my about 3 hours of work. I started by removing all of the plants and shells. Next was pulling 250 pounds of lava rock (that's before it's put underwater so probably double that in total weight since lava rock is so porous). Then I caught out three holding females. 1 dragons blood which spit about 60 fry, a random female which spit another 15 fry and my yellowtail acei which is in a seperate tank till she's ready to be stripped. After that excising drained about 80% of the water and vacuumed the sand. Then started to refill and rescape the tank. Here's what we've got.

Before
image-1764570050.jpg

After

image-3706459055.jpg

image-3686696003.jpg

image-2294330066.jpg

image-1264338484.jpg

image-1153121228.jpg

Dude It looks awesome before and after! My scaping skills suck compared to yours

Wow before and after both look great. I really like after. Something about it reminds me of something like the Solomon's Mines or Indiana Jones movies. Something like a volcano in the middle of the jungle. I would vote for it as a Tank of the month winner.

Looks awesome where can you find/ buy lava rock I've never seen it in any place where I am?

The rockwork looks amazing. The only complaint I have is all the fake plants, especially in the center( maybe some higher quality silk plants?).

Looks great, wish I could do the same but I'm worried about heavy rock in my tank. Will be going out to buy more live rock in a few days to create more hiding places for my cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom