What fish is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Daven

Aquarium Advice Freak
Someone local to me is selling fish like these but is unsure of what it is for sure. Can anybody tell me what it is? I'm going for a Malawi tank ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1435466583.082572.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Looks like a red top metriaclima, perhaps a mix...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

That looks similar for sure. Any ideas for what it was mixed with to make it white? And these are pretty aggressive, right? Any good for my lake Malawi based tank I'm hoping to convert to soon?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Its a malawi fish... its a light purple/blue not white... color will change depending on mood

That looks like a pure red top zebra to me, they can alter their own color a lot. It could possibly be hybridized but my vote is a pure Metriaclima greshaki, Red Top Zebra.

That looks like a pure red top zebra to me, they can alter their own color a lot. It could possibly be hybridized but my vote is a pure Metriaclima greshaki, Red Top Zebra.

Ok, cool. I guess its hard to say for sure without seeing in person. Given the possibilities of what it could be, are there any that would mean it wouldnt get along well in my malawi tank with electric yellow labs? (the only fish im sure of getting quite yet). Id rather be safe then take a chance on having big issues

Trial and error... certain fish have bad reps but even some of those same fish turn out peaceful... every fish is different.

Zebras are more known to be aggressive compared to yellow labs but i have both in 1 tank and my zebras bother each other and not my lab...

Back
Top Bottom