What fish? need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

3Corsameal

Aquarium Advice Regular
hi,

what would be suitable fish to keep with a pair of convicts?

any pics would be great, has to be interesting fish to watch etc.....

i have a 25g tank btw

A pair of convicts will out grow a 25 gal tank, so I do not recommend adding any other fish. Aside from the bioload issue, convicts get aggressive as they mature and are quite territorial when raising fry.

and make sure u pot alot of shells in there because i think their shell breeders. my teacher had convicts and he put tons of hiding places in there and he put like 10 snails in there over a period of time. each of them got killed. every time they bred in the shells. it takes about a week for them to hatch. imo. and id take them out as soon as they hatch because as long as he kept them in there not many survived and i dont know if any survived.

Convicts are not true shell breeders. Krap, please research what you are talking about before posting. A true shell dweller/breeder lives in the shell and defends its little territory. Overall, convicts are known as being protective parents when mature. Convicts lay there eggs in a protected spot--piles of rock, in a secluded corner, etc. Shells are not necessary and enough shells will raise the pH and hardness of the water. South American cichlids like soft neutral water.

Back
Top Bottom