What is a good bottom feeder

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lay6488

Aquarium Advice Regular
Setting up 90 gallon mbuna tank and going to be getting fish soon what is a good bottom feeder beside Pleco - they create a lot of waste I know is there a better cleaner bottom feeder small catfish or a type of shrimp not to up to date on bottom feeders always had Pleco want something different for this tank what would get along with mbunas small size

Shrimps/Snails wouldn't survive a mbuna tank, but a good option is some kind of catfish (probably your only option). I know a lot of folks on here keep various ones, so hopefully they can give you a compatibility list.
Good Luck!

What type of cat would work with mbuna fish?

I have a Synodontis nigriventris or upside-down cat. It seems to do well in the tank and topping out at about 4" the size fits with what I was looking for. Just don't expect to see it that often. They like to hide any time the lights are on.

You could try a Chinese Algae Eater, I have 2 in my Mbuna tank and they do great. They're quite active and you see them a bit. They also kinda aggressive and fast so defend themselves well as long as they big enough when you get them.

I agree with sadaas. I also have 2 in with mine. But from what I read when they get to adult size they can be aggressive. Also if there isn't Algae built up they can be aggressive.

Clown loaches are awesome with mbuna. The loaches push mine around. Just no help with algae

Back
Top Bottom