What is this on my frantosa

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That does look like it when I starts. Remove carbon, do lots of water changes, get meds, and see if you can get your hands on the vitamin and mineral additive.

At least grab a treatment and remove the carbon. You want to nip it in the bud early.

It took a lot to heal my Jack Dempsey. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398401017.277038.jpg

That's right on the lateral line too.
I really think it is hole in the head.

How's your Nitrate generally?

I did have a bio wheel I had a marine land and now I have a marine land canister filter so how would I remove the carbon

I did have a bio wheel I had a marine land and now I have a marine land canister filter so how would I remove the carbon

Not sure on that one, hopefully some one else knows. How old is the fish?
Hole in the head often comes from prolonged exposure to Nitrate.

That's not hole in the head. HITH is a parasitic condition found in discus and angels. Head and Lateral Line Erosion (HLLE) is a condition caused by poor water conditions (typically the nitrates are too high) or a poor diet. What's the tank size, stock list, parameters, and what are you feeding them?

That's not hole in the head. HITH is a parasitic condition found in discus and angels. Head and Lateral Line Erosion (HLLE) is a condition caused by poor water conditions (typically the nitrates are too high) or a poor diet. What's the tank size, stock list, parameters, and what are you feeding them?

I thought hole in the head, and lateral line disease were synonyms. Either way, that is going to drill a hole in his head. I just dealt with it in my Jack Dempsey. It happens in larger cichlids with prolonged exposure to poor water quality, typically prolonged exposure to nitrate.

I got lazy and didnt do enough water changes. It was a pain to cure. I recommend a hospital tank.

I thought hole in the head, and lateral line disease were synonyms. Either way, that is going to drill a hole in his head. I just dealt with it in my Jack Dempsey. It happens in larger cichlids with prolonged exposure to poor water quality, typically prolonged exposure to nitrate.

I got lazy and didnt do enough water changes. It was a pain to cure. I recommend a hospital tank.
They are not, hence why I stated the difference between the two

Back
Top Bottom