What is your Favorite Group of Cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your Favorite Group of Cichlids?

• Pike Cichlids

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Severums

• Discus

• I know I missed something so...Other (tell use below)

• Central American

• Acaras

• Apistogramma/Rams

• Tanganyikian Lamprologus

• Tanganyikian Mouthbrooders

• Lake Victora/Other Rift Lake Cichlids

• Non-Rift Lake African Cichlids

• Asian Chromide

• Malawi Mbuna

• Malawi Haps/Peacocks

• Total voters

JDogg

Aquarium Advice Addict
title says it all!
i am curious of what the people here who like cichlids, what there favorite group of cichlids is. i hope i included every category :?

i know it can be tough, but you only get to vote for one group so think hard :D

WaterPond said:
Tanganyikian Lamprologus- shelldwellers fall into this catagory, although Lamprologus is an outdated way of saying it, for some reason, neo is added as a prefix now.
i blame all "wrong" catagories on my copy of The interpet Bumper Guide to Tropical Cichlids copy right 1999 that i picked up at the used book store :D

I answered Apistos & Rams but I just got into Lamprologus. I have a 40 gallon with Coudopunks and they are amazing. Three pairs! My first adventure into Africans.

I'm going with Apisto/rams for now because I love mine and they are so cute when they breed. I also love my angels.....close second.

I, too, amd planning an eventual shellie tank, so my answer might change later. Who knows???

I love them all pretty much, but I am partial to the South and Central Americans... A fully mature Vieja Synspilus or a big male Trimac is a sight to behold, but Frontosa are my favorite specimen from the "other" side of the pond.

Back
Top Bottom