What kind of cichlid is this!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Reddawg

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I bought this guy in an assorted parrot bunch, wondering what the name of this is!?

Attachments

• image-3623233166.jpg
    image-3623233166.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 105
Well its not a parrot its a peacock cichlid and im not positive on this because i don't really keep peacocks but this looks to me like a red empress

Excellent, I knew it wasn't a parrot but I loved the colouring, if in fact it is what you say it is I am much more excited!!

Excellent, I knew it wasn't a parrot but I loved the colouring, if in fact it is what you say it is I am much more excited!!

Here are some photos of red empress cichlids

art_pro_taeniolatus_01.jpeg

red-empress-cichlid.jpeg

They are a pretty popular cichlid so im going to guess that that's what you have got.

I meant to say flavour, however what is your favourite kind!?

I meant to say flavour, however what is your favourite kind!?

Oh boy that's a tuff one there are so many. Right now i am really favoring frontosas i just purchased a big one very beautiful. I love green terrors, buffalo heads, dolphins, to sum it up basically any big bulky cichlid i probably love. There are other cichlids that aren't so ugly that i really want to get my hands on one in particular is called a christyi cichlid or Malawi hawk. I really want an emperor cichlid too.

What is the other name for a emperor cichlid!? Ive been looking for one of those and also been looking for a neolamprologus christyi

Back
Top Bottom