What kind of cichlids in a 25 gallon?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I say the only cichlids you would be able to keep would be dwarf cichlids such as rams or kribensis.

They both breed easily and are fascinating to watch as they protect their young from other fishes.

With shelldwellers you could possibly have multiple breeding groups. 2 to 3
They typically defend an area of only a few sq. inches.

Cichlid Kid said:
With shelldwellers you could possibly have multiple breeding groups. 2 to 3
They typically defend an area of only a few sq. inches.

Shellie's will defend 15" in any direction from their shell. One pair with their offspring would be good in a 25, 2 pairs may work with there is allot of shells.

The cheapest would be to try a craft store. You can go to your lfs and they will have shells but usually not cheap.

Don't get a kenyi! I
They are very aggressive ... I have one that I have to get rid of that has drive 3 of mine to death

J19Reynolds said:
The thread says what kind of cichlid for a 25g so I put my input on not for that fish ...

*facepalm* the replies from the start have been about dwarf cichlids, I see no reason to mention a overly aggressive Mbuna. There's no need to reply for the sake of making a post. The OP also asked what fish would work not what random fish wont work.

Mogurako said:
*facepalm* the replies from the start have been about dwarf cichlids, I see no reason to mention a overly aggressive Mbuna. There's no need to reply for the sake of making a post. The OP also asked what fish would work not what random fish wont work.

I didn't read rest post just my opinion what to stay AWAY from period... I can reply to whatever I want to add my opinion too.. Ty... Your very rude!!!

J19Reynolds said:
I didn't read rest post just my opinion what to stay AWAY from period... I can reply to whatever I want to add my opinion too.. Ty... Your very rude!!!

There is a difference between being rude and being constructive towards the OP I'm sure he wasn't being rude..

Back
Top Bottom