What kind of parrot is this?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CTFlowerhornLover

Aquarium Advice Freak
Im not sure what kind of blood parrot this is, told she is a super blood. Idk!

Attachments

• image-1259099743.jpg
    image-1259099743.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 101
Ive seen them titled blood red parrots at my LFS..

It's a blood parrot. I wouldn't even classify that one as a bloody red parrot, just a blood parrot. The bloody reds are a deeper orangey-red color.

Depending on the breed they can be darker when a juvenile and than fade to a lighter color like mine did when they get older and would still be classified as blood red.

Haha, i figured all were the same. I personally dont agree with these much. I do however enjoy the bright orange.

I personally love them and have kept them for years they are a hybrid yes but you stick a Midas and a severum in the same tank they will breed and parrot cichlids are the result it looks like a standard parrot Cichlid to me they are all the same just fish just different shades of orange/red what I don't agree with are the dyed and tattooed fish witch is when "man" injects dye into the fish or tattoos the fish witch is sick in my eyes.
There are videos on you tube of Midas and severums breeding quite happily

Im breeding mine with a zhen zhou red dragon flowerhorn and im looking for one for my kamfa flowerhorn. He is soooooooooooo i mean sooooo soo sooo agressive lol. Ive never had a midas ir severum but i will soon have some of everything!

I've heard the blood parrots are a combination or Gold Severum and Red Devil. Anyone know why the the BP has the mouth deformity and other hybrids (e.g. flowerhorns) seem fully formed?

I have no idea, but i have seen a few with their mouths fully formed. Mines however, does not have a fully formed mouth

5x5 said:
I've heard the blood parrots are a combination or Gold Severum and Red Devil. Anyone know why the the BP has the mouth deformity and other hybrids (e.g. flowerhorns) seem fully formed?

From my understanding they are a mix of many different types of cichlids over generations and theres no sure fire way to tell what exactly they are all mixed with. I have seen/heard of BP that were mixed with convicts and firemouths. They had te same shape as the BP but had some of the coloration of the cons/FM.

Neat. They lay eggs like crazy (females ofcourse) and from my expirience just about any male cichlid with fertilize lol

Back
Top Bottom