What size?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zagz

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have 7 cichlids in a grow out tank waiting to go into the 125 gal. At what size should these guys/gals be when they are introduced to the big tank? Currently they are between 1.5-2". The fish in the 125 are all adults now and range in size from 3-5". TIA.

Well, I would say that if you have enough hiding places for them in case of a little territorial dispute it should be fine. That is a huge tank and leaves lots of room for the adults to swim. I guess it would depend on the kind of cichlid too though.

I'd say put them in at 3"-4" should be okay. Like tmcgee said though, it depends on the cichild. just make sure you move around all the rocks and anything else in the tank so they can all establish new territories and not get picked on.

Oh yes moving things around is a must. They are mostly peacocks so more peaceful than mbuna. I will wait until about 3" for sure I think. Although I am excited for them to have all that room.

Back
Top Bottom