What sort of angel asap pls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never seen red eyes on an angelfish either. Maybe there's a new strain available - where'd you get him?

The appearing/fading black stripes are stress bars, and are common to all cichlids. The fish can control the pigmentation and uses it to camouflage itself and even express its mood to other fish.

darn.. i just read about something like this i think online or in my new books, supposedly the author of whatever source im talking about ( i'll look around and read some books later) wasaying something about finding new angels that were more red incoloring... i'll get back to you on this one.. didyou just get that angelfish or have you hadit for a while?

I actually have an angel with red eyes. I've been keeping a log taking measurement (my angels come right up to where I am so I just put a rule to the glass and take a rough estimate on the size) and also have noticed as they are growing, different colors start to show. He's had the red eyes since I took him home 6 months ago but there's an small orange band that goes across his head and though he's mostly black, the silver stripes he's got (just a few here and there) have smaller specks of like a green tint. Another angel I have is like a pearl color with black around the eyes, and a band under the chin that gets darker as he grows. It's amazing what you discover when you actually watch them grow.

These orange colorations around the head and face in my experience, are pretty typical with P. scalare angels and show up as a fish matures. The greens/blues are typical as well, especially on the fins. Not all fish mature the same though so some fish may have more color than others. All of my P. scalare angels are maturing with this orange coloration and blue fins, my P. altums are only getting the blueish fins. This is just my opinion and not scientific fact so take it for what it is. Under P. scalare I have marble, silverlace, koi, black, smokey leopards and albinos angels and all my fish with the exception of the black, show these colors. Even my albinos are getting some orange. :?

That's exactly right Cindy. Each individual will exhibit colors that are unique to itself. These often change and intensify with the mood of the fish.

the 2 angels i bought about 2 months ago also have red eyes, the D04 is exactly what they look like.. **see link in page 1

Back
Top Bottom