What to breed that's not so common?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ardynas

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello.
Can anyone make any suggestions on African Cichlids (lake malawi) for breeding that are NOT so common? Kind of looking for semi rare and beautiful.
I currently have yellow labs and redtop BB's in a 55 breeder tank.

Right now I have mostly peacocks, some mbuna and haps (also have a 150 all male tank).

I have a cichlid farm breeder not too far away. I think if I can figure out what I want I can get them locally or online.

Thank you

Otopharynx lithobates is a nice mouth brooder. Keep in mind that is endangered so few stores would sell them.

Red Top Lwanda or Aulonocara chiwande specifically type masinje. Or Aulonocara maylandi,

Thanks for the suggestions.
I keep seeing this picture of a Lithobate that looks awesomely different.

Otopharynx-lithobates.jpg

Those Red Top Lwanda's look nice too.

I think I'll contact our local cichlid farm and ask what breeding colonies they have available.

I've wondered how to get a fish like that. 99% of lithobates look nothing like that. I wonder if it's just one of those freak variations. Not sure how you'd go about breeding that.

The world definitely needs more lwanda's. I've been trying to find females for a while (that aren't ridiculously expensive)

Back
Top Bottom