what to do with picky eaters?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PolyptRus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I don't have many picky fish although i have some that will eat anything but pellets or anything but flake etc. I have one fish in particular who will eat nothing but live fish and the large tetra carnivore pellets strictly nothing else.
I have tried so many different foods to try and coax it into eating something else but it always turns out the same. I even taught this fish to feed from my hand and it spits out everything other than those darn carnivore pellets.

I live in a small town so i can't always have the carnivore pellets none of our stores carry them. I also can't always have live foods nor do i really want to be feeding it live foods too often.

Is there any way to get my picky fish to eat something else im worried it will get sick from not having a very diverse diet.

I wish i asked what they were feeding it at the pet store -_-

A good way would be to give it to him, if he doesn't eat it, remove it and repeat. It should work. If after a 3days-week he doesn't eat it, maybe some other alternative might help.

Back
Top Bottom