What to feed small African Cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i use omega one cichild flakes and hbh cichild attack sinking pellet's

In addition to NLS Cichlid Formula as mentioned previously I feed mine frozen bloodworms and spirulina-enhanced brine shrimp.

Depending on the type of cichlids bloodworms could be a huge no-no. Most cichlids are herbivores and will get bloat from too much protein in thier diet. Be sure to check that out before feeding high protein foods....

what kind of greens do ppl feed their cichlids? ive always wanted to but never have. just chop them up and drop them in???

i generally throw in some lettuce, and will sometimes throw in plant clippings from my other tank... they love those kinds of treats. high protein foods are a no-no for mbuna and some other africans, mostly from malawi... they can get whats called "malawi bloat"

mine like green bean hulls... never tried peas, always heard they were a laxative, and to say the least, my fish are VERY regular in their bowel movements lol

I've never fed mine any vegetables, but that is a really good idea, too bad I don't have any leafy greens lol. Don't suppose carrots would work would they?

+1 for NLS. I feed babies the NLS growth formula too.
You can put a chunk of cucumber of blanched zuccini on a heater clip with a suction cup so it stays in place....

the best stuff out there is ocean nutrition cichlid vegi pellets and then once a week i give mine a peace of sea weed to eat and mine are all very health have good growth rate and i have been feeding them this for over a year

Back
Top Bottom