What to put in a 55 long? Please help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chronos313

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey so I'm restocking my tank as my fish passed on as I've been away working on the railroad and I currently have one turquoise jewel cichlid and a bristlenose pleco. What other cichlids could I add? I would like to avoid rams and add more color. But I know about territorial species. Any suggestions are welcome

Hey so I'm restocking my tank as my fish passed on as I've been away working on the railroad and I currently have one turquoise jewel cichlid and a bristlenose pleco. What other cichlids could I add? I would like to avoid rams and add more color. But I know about territorial species. Any suggestions are welcome

You are correct on the territorial part. If you are looking for color try yellow lab, mine worked out great with my peacock when I had Africans.(switched to South Americans) also try more peacocks. If it does not work than you might want to get different cichlids. Depending on the size of the tank.

I wouldn't put peacocks with your existing jewel. They are located in totally different geographic areas. Also, peacocks tend to be passive and jewels are aggressive. My0.2

I wouldn't put peacocks with your existing jewel. They are located in totally different geographic areas. Also, peacocks tend to be passive and jewels are aggressive. My0.2

X2 jewels althougjt from African continent are from Congo rivers and not rift lakes. So therefore they are more similar to SA/ca species. So if your set on keeping the jewel Id steer away from froft lake species. You could do a single Dempsey in a 55 but no more. Or a convict or fire mouth. Your still pretty limited as a 55 still isn't a big tank. Or you could move the jewel and go with some mbuna and a couple peacocks and really liven the tank up your call.

X2 jewels althougjt from African continent are from Congo rivers and not rift lakes. So therefore they are more similar to SA/ca species. So if your set on keeping the jewel Id steer away from froft lake species. You could do a single Dempsey in a 55 but no more. Or a convict or fire mouth. Your still pretty limited as a 55 still isn't a big tank. Or you could move the jewel and go with some mbuna and a couple peacocks and really liven the tank up your call.

This is my line turquoise jewel. I did have 3 but two didn't survive while I was away working. If like to get more to breed but I'm not sure. I do like larger species but understand tank size in an apartment is not doable. What non-ram cichlids could I go for that are larger then electric yellows and mbuna?sorry in the first pic he moved

Attachments

• image-2978968046.jpg
    image-2978968046.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 49
  • image-4011493390.jpg
    image-4011493390.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 49
Back
Top Bottom