what type of cichlid am i??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Big.Jon

Aquarium Advice Activist
So thinking female kenyi but unsure. Any help?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110628_140138.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110628_140138.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 163
  • ForumRunner_20110628_140114.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110628_140114.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 163
well I hope its a female kenyi from pictures I have seen I am thinking it is, but anyways she is now in my currently QT tank looks very healthy and very active as she was at the store. Now just gotta find 3 more females

mfdrookie516 said:
Looks pretty small... I wouldn't lay money down that it's a female just yet... males start out that color too

My male kenyi turned yellow at around 1.5 inch, this one is more like 2.5+. So I will lay my twevle dollar bet down on if its a kenyi its female. Though that may have been a suckers bet but I will hold out hope.

If it's 2.5" or better, then yeah, its probably a female... looks considerably smaller than that in the picture... more like 2". My 'female' kenyi turned yellow at about 2.25", that's when I found out she was actually a he.

Stocking is so much fun seems to be a gamble, I have 2 lfs other than the classic petsmart and petco. I never seem to find that person that says " ya thats a "whatever species I am looking for" but oh well love having the Aa ap on my phone.

Often, stocking mbuna is hit or miss... you just about have to be prepared to rehome quite a few as it's really tough to tell, and buying them sexed is just too expensive.

Back
Top Bottom