what type of peacock ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cmbtengnr43

Aquarium Advice Freak
Is this an aulonocara nyassae ? Got him at LFS he was in assorted tank I like the blue irradescent on him. If not what your best take at what he is ?

IMG_20130721_192242.jpg

Lethrinops sp Intermedius would be my guess. I'm pretty sure that's not a peacock. It looks more to me like a malawi haplochromines

Lethrinops sp Intermedius would be my guess. I'm pretty sure that's not a peacock. It looks more to me like a malawi haplochromines

Ah **** LFS gets me again I didn't want haps just mbuna and peacock will I have any issues with a hap in there its a 55 with 3 demasoni a red zebra a Johann a yellow lab and an ob peacock

Ah **** LFS gets me again I didn't want haps just mbuna and peacock will I have any issues with a hap in there its a 55 with 3 demasoni a red zebra a Johann a yellow lab and an ob peacock

You may get away with it for a little while. Depending n the Id I'm not sure of its size.

From my experience but don't get me wrong my tank size is much bigger than a 55. Is that they can live together and mine leave each other alone. My mbuna and mbuna fight, my peacocks don't mess with a thing or vise versa. My haps will chase and nip at each other Malawi and Victorian.

To answer your question on tank size. Haps all get different sizes from 4" to- -- big. So depending on the one you have it may work size wise. In a 55 your chances of higher aggression is possible. If it was me I'd take him back to see if they will exchange it being that they are mixed. Do some research before buying because even peacocks shouldn't really be mixed with some mbuna.

Back
Top Bottom