What would you recommend?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chabooky386

Aquarium Advice Activist
img_615342_0_40c667bcc78e3844d9aa9a5ea4f3d66a.jpg

Thats my tank just filled it up with some peacocks and some cichlids and some red parrots.

Well I bought a new wet dry and a rena xp3 but when i put all these new things in. All the fish poo and what not is just slowly show up more on the bottom of my tank. Am i shooting my power heads wrong or what?

The fish waste still needs to be gravel vac'd out of the tank. You can play with your power heads and try to get them to condense the waste in one area, but it may be difficult.

BTW- What are the names of the fish in your tank? I see that you have African Cichlids, Misc Cichlids, and parrots. You may want to rethink that combo based on what the Misc Cichlids are. It's not a good idea to mix New World and African Cichlids.

really yeah i will get back to you on some of the names i know i have 2 electric blue cichlids. thanks for the heads up

That setup looks perfect for eartheater cichlids, they love sand (for sifting for food) and driftwood (it provides territories and retreats). Plus, africans prefer more rocky type biotopes. Do you know the pH and hardness of the water?
If you have slightly acidic-neutral pH, SA cichlids would be more suitable. If the pH is more alkaline, then the africans should be fine but you should not have SA cichlids with them.

Nice looking tank. I have been wanting to take the Cichlid plunge myself someday. I will definitely be lurking on this thread. Is that an old picture? I couldn't make out the Canister filter plumbing, unless it is near the overflow box and obscured by the angle of the picture?

Somehow I don't think you are allowed to have the beauty of a white sand bottom without the curse of vacuuming to keep it looking that way! It looks like it is worth it.

Nice tank. I like how you have the driftwood set. :)

Not sure how you'd completely keep the poo from settling on the bottom. You still need to vac the bottom.

Under(sand) water jets.. DIY is named undergravel water jets when you google it.
Or a well placed spraybar.

nither solution is perfect but both could/should help alot.

Back
Top Bottom