What's the best filtration system for a 40 gallon cichlids tank!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know that the bar is called but it's kinda long and has a bunch of holes so it slows the flow but you still get the extra good bacteria inside the filter if of course you use all the media chambers

I've never had canister so am kinda worried about changing filters n screwing with the cycle!! Might just do the ac 110 with my old media in it to help

An AC 500 current isn't much if you fill up the water. Even if you don't only small fish might be pushed around like neons

You can aim the out flow toward the tank so against the wall so to speak you can out a rock or ornament to break the flow but yeah cichlids need a lot of filtration

You can aim the out flow toward the tank so against the wall so to speak you can out a rock or ornament to break the flow but yeah cichlids need a lot of filtration

Yes they do my current one is not holding up with them. Want to double it if possible. The guy I'm getting canister from say I can adjust the flow so that's good I still dot know how to use it but am excited to get better filtration! :) happy fish makes me happy.

I have an emperor 400 on my 40 gallon tank (that's also overstocked). And it keeps the water crystal clear (with about.. 40% water changes every 6-7 days)

Canister filters are vary easy to set and up and maintain

Awesome thanks. Hope so! When I put up te canister does it take media? Can I add media from my other filter to it or will I be on adding the new filter with new media since it's an established tank? Sorry thanks tho!

Not on I mean ok. I want to over filter and over stocked tank... Crystal clear water I hope!! I'm worried I'll mess the cycle if I change the filter I'm using

Awesome thanks. Hope so! When I put up te canister does it take media? Can I add media from my other filter to it or will I be on adding the new filter with new media since it's an established tank? Sorry thanks tho!

Yes it should have 3 or 4 chambers for media if you have any unused media use that I would not use anything it came with because you don't know what that media might have. If you don't have any spare buy new bio balls the mesh that's goes inside and let it cycle on its own keep the old filter running if I were you I keep them both. I think you mean adding media from your existing filter to your new filter mmmm that might work. Still I would add new media your tank is established so it should cycle the filter pretty fast

Yes it should have 3 or 4 chambers for media if you have any unused media use that I would not use anything it came with because you don't know what that media might have. If you don't have any spare buy new bio balls the mesh that's goes inside and let it cycle on its own keep the old filter running if I were you I keep them both. I think you mean adding media from your existing filter to your new filter mmmm that might work. Still I would add new media your tank is established so it should cycle the filter pretty fast

That's the info I was looking for thank you. And yes that's what I meant but great! Realy appreciate the help

It's a new filter in box and all. And both filters won't fit on tank as it's home made and doesn't have the room at the top but I'll figure it out!

Canister go at the bottom under the stand or next to it. It should come with some hoses with some length to them to give you wiggle room

Back
Top Bottom