What's the best prepared food for dwarf cichlids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard NLS is too big for certain fish. Also do BN Plecos like these?

they make really small pellets. I have some 0.5 mm sinking pellets by NLS.

my GBR eats them fine tbh, they arent anything i would call large. For plecos I use the Hikari brand algae waffers, however any of the NLS that the fish miss im sure the pleco would grab.

I feed my other fish omega one flakes. I was looking for an additional food that would suit my rams. But now I'm thinking of getting BN plecos. Is there a food that would work for both rams and Plecos or do I need to buy two different foods. Along with my flakes.

I feed my other fish omega one flakes. I was looking for an additional food that would suit my rams. But now I'm thinking of getting BN plecos. Is there a food that would work for both rams and Plecos or do I need to buy two different foods. Along with my flakes.

BNs will graze all over your tank without you having to feed them and will also eat some of whatever the fish miss once it falls to substrate.

Mix that with Hikari algae wafers occassionally and fresh blanched thin slices of green vegetables like cucumber, zucchini, spinach once or twice a week or so.

Also you will need a little bit of driftwood in the tank for the BNs to chew on.

Yep I have drift wood. I'll probably just buy the NLS and maybe down the road some algae wafers.

I feed my neolamprologus multifasciatus (shell dwellers) NLS and that's the smallest known species of cichlid lol they make a small fish formulaImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403220109.977900.jpg

Back
Top Bottom