When do angels "mature"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

happygirl65

Aquarium Advice Addict
I am just wondering when the dreaded agression can be expected to start among my 6 angels. I have had them for about 4 months and they range in size from half dollar and silver dollare sizes.

I realize that they will eventually pair off and some lodging changes will need to be made so I am just wondering approximately how long do I have to get a new home ready in case of severe agression?

Right now they are all always hanging out together. This is a community tank 55 gallon long with lots of plants.

The LFS says I can bring them back for credit later on if they don't get along. So if it happens before I have another tank I will do that. I dont really want to breed them, just want how ever many will get along well in the community.

Any thoughts?

Unfortunately, you will not know when until they begin engaging in such behaviors. Once they do, you will need to act fast. When two of mine became a pair, within a day or so, they charged and speared the odd one to no end. I was fortunate in that I had another tank handy.

Another one of the interesting things about cichlids and Angels in particular.

OUCH! That does sound dreadful....I suppose I should just start preparing for the inevitable. :)

Thanks! :)

Back
Top Bottom