Which Rainbow Fish Is compatible with Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think it's partly that speedy fish are annoying for Angels and may outcompete them for food.

I have not kept them together. In the past my Angel tanks were usually very serene , with calm fish only. Cories for comic relief.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've been keeping Red Iranians with my Angelfish for a couple months now and there has been no fighting, they stay out of each other's way. Some places I checked when doing my research say that the Red Rainbows need a lower temperature than angel but I have had no issues with my rainbows being in a tank at 78F. I wouldn't push it much warmer than that with them long term though.

p.s. My angel knows full well that the rainbows can outswim him come feeding time so to compensate, as soon as I open the lid he is up at the surface waiting for me to drop the food so he can get first dibs lol. I know every fish is different but mine is getting his food just fine for what it's worth!

I can't talk from experience from Angels however I had a bunch of australian rainbows and they were too fast and stressed out most of the other fish. I have denison barbs and mid-aged clown loaches and some tetras. The Australians fought for food and harassed the other fish super bad. I ended up giving them to a friend who had an all rainbow tank. I know Angels can be iffy with faster fish so my vote would go against them together.

I've heard the other rainbows aren't nearly as bad. Maybe check into the dwarf neon rainbows? They are a little calmer from what I've heard. (Along with the couple others suggested)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tank size, or lack of tank size, will play an important role in mixing the fish. Just because 2 fish get along in a 50 gal tank does not mean they will get along in a 29 gal tank.

Tank size, or lack of tank size, will play an important role in mixing the fish. Just because 2 fish get along in a 50 gal tank does not mean they will get along in a 29 gal tank.

I not getting your point....So can I keep rainbows in a 20 gallon with a juvenile angelfish? If so which rainbows are best?

I not getting your point....So can I keep rainbows in a 20 gallon with a juvenile angelfish? If so which rainbows are best?
I mean, you need to research specific fish for their tank size requirements, water parameter requirements and food requirements and see IF they match what you can provide in your sized tank with your other fish in the tank. (y)

Rainbowfish are such active swimmers that a 20g would be too small for a proper school. A bunch of the rainbowfish species get up to like 6 inches long so they would be a little more than cramped in there when full grown IMO

I will be getting a tank again soon and have questions specifically on angels and rainbows, will someone advise me where to post for advice on this? Thanks (new here).

I will be getting a tank again soon and have questions specifically on angels and rainbows, will someone advise me where to post for advice on this? Thanks (new here).

Post on general discussion

My fish is really typing......

Back
Top Bottom