Who do i move?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phazeshyft

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just picked up 5 convicts from a friend of mine that had WAY too many for his 20 gallon tank. They are all about 2 inches. they were heavily bullied by much larger ones in my friends tank. now one of these has presented himself as the obvious aggressor in this tank. two of them have lost half their tail fins and one is completely missing a pectoral fin.
so I want to separate them and hopefully their fins grow back but WHO do I move, the aggressor or the injured? I don't really have another tank that i can put the aggressor in without risking the lives of my goldfish. I don't want to put the injured in with the goldfish either never minding the slight water temp differences.

WHAT DO I DO?

thanks for any help
Phaze

PS the golds are in a 55gal

So, I nabbed the little bully. got him isolated in a breeder thingy hanging over the side so he is technically in the same tank just can't go anywhere. now these guys are all kinda touchy. i know they tend to be aggressive fish and maybe its just that they are really stressed out being in a new tank, but they all seem a little bully-ish. now i am thinking I dont really wanna keep the convict, maybe go with a tamer cichlid like a johannii or Yellow Lab. but i got two fish that are injured, one mean bully, and two semi bully fish, and no where to put them. my friend cant take them back because his tank is over stocked and they would certainly die in there. Not really looking for answers just wanted to get it off my chest. my wife is not that interested in my fish.

Convicts are aggressive fish....and 5 of them in a 20 is kinda tight IMO. I would see if you can pick a male and a female and get rid of the rest. Otherwise, you are in for continued aggression.

Ya, 5 convicts in a 20g is way too much. I dont like the fact of having 2 in a 20g might be a little much.

i figured since they were so small, none more than 2 inches, that it would be ok. guess not. But i dont wanna keep a 20 gal tank with just 2 little fishies in it. might try to re-home these guys.

Back
Top Bottom