Who gets along with my cichlids? HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishlover1234

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello, I have 3 red blood parrot fish (2 inches), 1 cichlid severum (2inches), 1 Oscar (3 inches) and 1 chocolate zebra planco. I have a 46 gallon tank, filter canister penguin 200 for 50 gallons, heater at 79 degrees. I would love to add at least 1 more fish. My local pet store has 3 that I am interested. My question is, do I have a fish tank big enough to add more fish? How many more? Which one would get a long with what I have and be on the same temperature as my others? The options are:
1- Silver Arowana (3 inches)
2- false Tigrinus catfish (3 inches)
3- blue phantom planco (3.5 inches)

I wouldn't add anymore in my opinion. You're already overstocked. You're definitely going to have to get a much bigger tank once all these fish start growing.

Hukit are u just trying to mess with him? All of these fish will need a much larger tank when they reach adult size. The parrots and Severum could be ok together in a 75 or 90. With the oscar I'd need a 125 or more. Really the oscar should prob be by himself. Do not add more fish without getting rid of something or a much much larger tank

Hukit are u just trying to mess with him? All of these fish will need a much larger tank when they reach adult size. The parrots and Severum could be ok together in a 75 or 90. With the oscar I'd need a 125 or more. Really the oscar should prob be by himself. Do not add more fish without getting rid of something or a much much larger tank

Yea he is he did it to me?

a solo oscar requires 90G minimum in my opinion so yeah...

Def not the arowana....you need a large pond for one of those... in a tank smaller than 300g, just get one mounted and hang on the wall

Hello, I have 3 red blood parrot fish (2 inches), 1 cichlid severum (2inches), 1 Oscar (3 inches) and 1 chocolate zebra planco. I have a 46 gallon tank, filter canister penguin 200 for 50 gallons, heater at 79 degrees. I would love to add at least 1 more fish. My local pet store has 3 that I am interested. My question is, do I have a fish tank big enough to add more fish? How many more? Which one would get a long with what I have and be on the same temperature as my others? The options are:
1- Silver Arowana (3 inches)
2- false Tigrinus catfish (3 inches)
3- blue phantom planco (3.5 inches)
Have a look on hybrid-parrot.freeforums.net for more informations related to Blood Parrot

Your oscar will outgrow the tank by itself. I wouldnt add a thing and start saving for a 125+ tank.

Back
Top Bottom