whos the boss of your tank? (pics please)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oblivion

Aquarium Advice Activist
i thought it might be cool to see who everyone has as their tank(s) boss

here's mine.

he was the only "assorted peacock" i got, one of 4 fish i used during the initial cycle (used pond biomedia to accelerate the cycle too)

he instantly become the boss, and when ive added other fish a couple have tried to challenge him but he wins without any effort.

my electric blue is the biggest fish, recently his colours really come to life and he started putting on a tough act, but "peacock" would just flare up and swim a little bit sideways nearby, and elec blue would lift his head (show belly) and slowly back away :lol:

hes a really good boss with a lot of personality, and he'll let them get away with a little bit but always sorts out anyone who's regularly aggressive

in the first pic he's telling my Hongi that he's not amused (hongi not in pic)

Attachments

• 100_4210.jpg
    100_4210.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 589
  • 100_4212.jpg
    100_4212.jpg
    234.9 KB · Views: 622
  • 100_4213.jpg
    100_4213.jpg
    185.2 KB · Views: 661
Red tailed black shark, he enjoys murdering compatible fish as his hobby, my hobby is watching him do it lol, he also fights with a pleco I'm growing out for control of his boot decoration, got 3 different caves but he demands them all but the boot was his first and favorite :)

I'll put a pic up tommorow if I remember

Big Blue

Hey mate

My Tank is a Fulleborni Tank.

When i put 'Buster' In this tank he was light blue with no coloration.

Now hes bright Blue and he jigs at every female fish in the tank..

Heres the photo
ill try and get a better one

Cheers

Julian

Attachments

• IMG_0013.jpg
    IMG_0013.jpg
    251.7 KB · Views: 568
this is hagrid boss of my tanganyikan tank in his own cave he looks mean has big teeth and is a predator (nelamprologus tretocephalus ) but really a big softie does not eat fry and for a male five bar he has only one fish he chases that is my neolamprologus lelupi who is nastie!

Attachments

• image-2609132434.jpg
    image-2609132434.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 545
I eat an exclusive NLS 1mm pellet diet. (let me find one of my real tank bosses :] )

img_1409012_0_0eac07becf87258131fec3e94d83673c.jpg

Yeah he's an electric blue jack dempsey. He's a sissy with other JD's but I kept him in a community setting for a while when he was healing from scuffle and I ended up with several danios with missing tails =[

Sparky the betta! When the "piranhas" (black skirts) start fighting amongst themselves... He shoots through the middle like "chase me! Chase me!"

Attachments

• image-262882865.jpg
    image-262882865.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 430
  • image-77775938.jpg
    image-77775938.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 415
just started my mbuna tank and a female auratus that my daughter named BOSSY is the boss at this pt. but theyre just juvies. i have a female auratus, a female kenyi, a male kenyi and a male red zebra. i also have a jewel cichlid that i know shouldnt be in there but i cant just take the lil dude back. its doin quite well for itself.

Some great Pics thanks to all, Im uh in between tank Boss's right now lol I just rehomed my Mean one so we will see.

These two! If youre not where they want you...they will put you there :)

Attachments

• image-440874499.jpg
    image-440874499.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 357
The original picture looks like an Albino M. greshekei. My Male greshekei was the tank boss, then I put Mr Angry the Large Venustus in the tank. They share boss duties and keep each other in check.

img_1416266_0_daff73cf43b2916c98bb1bf4da148b20.jpg

Mind you the venustus can eat a 3" mbuna, greshekei can't.

Back
Top Bottom