Why is it so hard to find Angelfish...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

patryuji

Aquarium Advice FINatic
That are NOT veil tails? I don't care for the veil tail look at all...and the only one I've found so far without a veil tail is the one I have already. Oh well, this keeps me from having to get a bigger tank.

That is all...

I can't find any angelfish in pet stores that aren't deformed when they grow up:

4928WEB-20g-tank-front2.jpg

Non-veiltail angelfish should be pretty easy to find from breeders. Have you tried Aquabid?

My lfs in Oly has tons, including wild caught altums now and then. Even my local petsmart has marbles, ,pearls adn koi angels that are not veil or black lace.
They sell them to kids for sponge bob tanks...so maybe your store just runs out fast so the more expensive veil are all that are left.

The Petsmart in Pullayup has a huge fish dept and many angels.

i found some really pretty ones at petsmart too. my lfs seems to have really little ones, and they do often seem to have deformed fins. the ones at petsmart vary, but every couple of weeks or so they seem to get in some really beautiful ones.

I wanted more than one, when we bought ours yesterday but I got the only one that wasn't screwed up. I would like a second but will wait until we get our 20 gal.

Keep in mind that you should only keep a pair of angels in a 20g tall tank if they are a mated pair.

Back
Top Bottom