Will GBRs use cichlid stones?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elephantnose

Aquarium Advice Addict
I'm going to be buying a pair of GBRs and I was wondering of they use cichlid stones? If so what size stone do they like small, large, or medium?

Not really, they arent cave spawners like most dwarfs are. They spawn on nice flat surfaces. Lots of driftwood, a few flat rocks and plants would be more preferred than the stones.

Not really, they arent cave spawners like most dwarfs are. They spawn on nice flat surfaces. Lots of driftwood, a few flat rocks and plants would be more preferred than the stones.

+1 but even with all of the flat stone I provided the always laid on the driftwood:confused:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Rams like lots of plants more than anything. A flat stone is to lay eggs, and in that case I'd just use a shell. They don't need much room to put their eggs on. Or driftwood.

The tanks is going to be planted and will include drift wood and slate. The gravel is sand. I have another tank with Bolivians are they any different than GBRs would they use Cichlid stones.

The tanks is going to be planted and will include drift wood and slate. The gravel is sand. I have another tank with Bolivians are they any different than GBRs would they use Cichlid stones.

I think it's the same kinda thing with any ram. Cichlid stones are more for African cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom