Will they get along?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

djbrefik

Aquarium Advice Regular
Some people put red tailed or rainbow sharks and sometimes bala sharks in with cichlids while others say you can only put cichlids in with cichlids. Any advice on this? Pros and cons? Thanks

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Red tail sharks are very territorial so depending on the species it could work.

I just took out my Bala sharks, because they were getting too big. I had them for years, and they were never a problem at all.

I have a rainbow shark in with my cichlids too, he is a little more aggressive/territorial, but since he is the same size, it is not a problem at all. I don't see my rainbow shark hurting any of my cichlids.

Bala sharks get huge, so I can't say about when they are adults. I think a red tail or rainbow shark would be fine though. I like mine. I didn't have the room for an African catfish , and wanted at least one other fish then just cichlids. Love the rainbow shark in there, and it's a good color variation to throw off all that blue. ( ever notice how many Africans have some amount of blue coloring, lol )

Back
Top Bottom