Woohoo! New fish!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ff.rice

Aquarium Advice Freak
Finally we got the chance to make it to the LFS instead of Petsmart or petco! They are still kinda shy but I was able to get a few pics!

We got a

Tangerine
Taiwan Reef
Ruby Red
African Ropefish
Electric Catfish

They are pretty awesome and very colorful!

Attachments

• image-2116567895.jpg
    image-2116567895.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 169
  • image-293027859.jpg
    image-293027859.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 195
  • image-1260930974.jpg
    image-1260930974.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 197
  • image-100321179.jpg
    image-100321179.jpg
    138.2 KB · Views: 201
  • image-3937717001.jpg
    image-3937717001.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 206
  • image-100148358.jpg
    image-100148358.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 205
  • image-1808418351.jpg
    image-1808418351.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 203
  • image-3371446764.jpg
    image-3371446764.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 214
He's found him a hole none of the other fish can get..... And my acei was very curious about him last night when I put him in until he got a little too close!! Lol When he got popped he jumped back and hit a rock, now he's got a little gash between his eyes! He doesn't mess with the catfish any more!!! Lol

Isn't it nice to see fish in a pet store that aren't the same ol' "chain store" fish? You wouldn't be able to find a cat like that or a ropefish in the chains around my area.
(Just something to think about ;) )

He was cool! Lol I think he was dinner, but I can't find him..... Alive or dead!

There's just way too many places in your tank that he could be hiding in. You might want to take a flashlight about 2 or 3 hours after lights out and see if he's roaming the tank in the dark ( like a lot of catfish do ;) ) I'm hoping he's still in there and kicking :D

There's just way too many places in your tank that he could be hiding in. You might want to take a flashlight about 2 or 3 hours after lights out and see if he's roaming the tank in the dark ( like a lot of catfish do ;) ) I'm hoping he's still in there and kicking :D

Ill give that a try..... I took all of the rocks and decor out. Then I used the handle of my net to sift through the sand and he didn't turn up..... And it's been a few weeks since I got him and out of the 6 of us in the house nobody has seen him! I guess we'll see

Ill give that a try..... I took all of the rocks and decor out. Then I used the handle of my net to sift through the sand and he didn't turn up..... And it's been a few weeks since I got him and out of the 6 of us in the house nobody has seen him! I guess we'll see

If I remember correctly, you had a skeleton head in there didn;t you? He could have been inside there or something else that was hollow. I've had that happen. lol I also was just up North to visit an old friend and he was showing me his fish tank. He had this colosium type decoration in the tank that I later found out was hollow underneath. He told me he had 3 fish in the tank ( They were large fish) but I could only see 2. He then tilted the decoration and an 8" pleco came out from underneath. He told me that he went through what you just described and it wasn't until about 20 minutes after he took out the decorations that he heard the fish flopping on his table. Just don't give up hope quite yet. The next trick is bait for the fish when the lights go out. :brows:

Good luck (y)

Really hope your catfish is alive he is amazing. I love electric catfish or really any type if catfish by far my fave.

I've actually kinda given up hope..... I haven't seen it in a while! I just don't know where it is if it did die..... Or if for some reason it's really good at hiding, where it could be hiding..... But if it did die I wonder if my cichlids killed it.... Or what?!?! Wondering if I should try another?!?!

Hmm I would honestly move everything and move through all your sand and just see if he's anywhere if not maybe try another if not I would get a African Featherfin catfish trust me it would handle itself against a cichlid. The one I have handles itself with a Oscar anyway.

You can try a synodontis multipunctatus also they are usually readily available at you LFS. They and native to lake tanganyika and will do well in your tank IMO.

Back
Top Bottom