Would this work.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sillyfishies

Aquarium Advice Addict
Switching my stocking list again. Would
2 dwarf gouramis
2 apistogrammas
2 Pelvicachromis Pulchers
5 panda corys
1 brittlenose pleco
Work out? Also what apistogramma would look nice with drawf gouramis and pelvicachromis pulchers?

I don't know to much about your other fish, but be careful getting 2 dwarf gouramis. They may become territorial and start fighting. If you could, try to get 1 male and 1 female.

How big is your tank? This might help ppl answer your question

Oh I thought I put that in. Convict thougt that I could have 2 DGS (both male) in a 27 gal. I will happily ditch one of them and get another apistogramma!

Will you get a mated pair of kribs? During breeding, the pair will kill any fish that comes to close.

Would 2 male DGs work? Or should I ditch that and get one more apistogramma? And what apistogramma should I get? I like ones that have LOTS of blue. Just really colorful fish like DGs and Kribs.

I disagree. I would recommend no more than 1 each of 2 of these species for a male only tank. Otherwise, there will be battles and damage.

1 dwarf gourami
1 apistogramma
1 Pelvicachromis Pulcher

HN1 said:
I disagree. I would recommend no more than 1 each of 2 of these species for a male only tank. Otherwise, there will be battles and damage.

1 dwarf gourami
1 apistogramma
1 Pelvicachromis Pulcher

Thanks that's what I thought! Can I put in a shy female betta(will put next to different tanks and see if she flares) too? Also couldn't I fit in more fish then?

Oh I dislike schooling fish.

Not too many options to add to this besides schoolers to be honest. Fish that don't school tend to be territorial, and you can only have so many territorial fish in any given tank, even if they are all males of relatively peaceful species. I agree with what HN1 said about your stocking.
There are thousands of schooling fish, I doubt you will dislike them all. ;) If you want to just stick with the fish you listed though, that's cool too.
The only non-schooling thing I can think of at the moment are be a couple mollies or platies or a swordtail.

Okay well here's what my stocking is now (aw)
1 dwarf gourami
1 apistogramma (dunno which one still. Open to ideas!)
1 Pelvicachromis Pulcher
5 panda corys
1 brittlenose pleco
1 (peaceful) female betta (who can I ask if this would work)

And yes I love blue lyretail killifish (only ones I like) but they will be impossible to find and I can't afford shipping.

absolutangel04 said:
Not too many options to add to this besides schoolers to be honest. Fish that don't school tend to be territorial, and you can only have so many territorial fish in any given tank, even if they are all males of relatively peaceful species. I agree with what HN1 said about your stocking.
There are thousands of schooling fish, I doubt you will dislike them all. ;) If you want to just stick with the fish you listed though, that's cool too.
The only non-schooling thing I can think of at the moment are be a couple mollies or platies or a swordtail.

Most I truly do. And I also just don't want any in this tank.

Back
Top Bottom