Would This Work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GodFan

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hey Cichlid gurus how are you? I am not a cichlid guru which is why I am about to ask what may be a dumb question.

So I have a 36 gallon bowfront aquarium. I have a crazy schedule so maintance is hard to do. In fact that is why all of my tanks are setup in a selfcleaning kind of way. My question is this. Are there any uber colorful cichlids that I could keep in a heavily planted 36 bowfront?

Thanks and God bless!

Have a look at a some electric blue ram or gold rams stunning fish amazing colour and they don't get huge I had some in my planted tank with tetras and loaches

Have a look at a some electric blue ram or gold rams stunning fish amazing colour and they don't get huge I had some in my planted tank with tetras and loaches

I used to have some and they are nice but they were to sensitive and arent quiet the color I am looking for.

Kribensis ?

I have thought about them. Are their any that have the color like the yellow labs or electric blues like the africans? Also are they mean? I have heard mixed opinions on their temperment.

There's only one color yellow face black strip down body pink belly and a little orange on the tail have a look on google

There's only one color yellow face black strip down body pink belly and a little orange on the tail have a look on google

That is pretty but I want more vibrant colors. K thought kribs came in alot of colors lol I am looking for african or (cant remember the lake name but uber aggressive cichlids live in it. Like malawi or something?) Colors.

Most of those cichlids like rocks and sand they will destroy your plants digging. I'm really not sure maybe someone else can help. A red jewel might be alright.

Maybe I should have mentioned that I have anubias on driftwood.... does that help?

What other fish do you have in there

2 african leaf fish and a banjo cat. There are others but they will be rehomed. The leaffish can be moved to another tank and the banjo rehomed if necessary though.

Well peacocks get to about 5inchs you could possibly get 5 adult in there unless you were to rehome or upgrade when bigger google search them and see what you like :)

Well peacocks get to about 5inchs you could possibly get 5 adult in there unless you were to rehome or upgrade when bigger google search them and see what you like :)

So Im must be about the worlds most ignorant cichlid person. I typed in peacock cichlids and came up with malawi peacocks and such. What kind of peacock an I looking for?

Any type just have a look at the colors a see which one you like give me a name and I might be able to tell you more about it

Any type just have a look at the colors a see which one you like give me a name and I might be able to tell you more about it

Ok so I saw a strawberry peacock that was gorgeous, german reds, Aulonocara hansbaenschi, Aulonocara baenschi,*Aulonocara stuartgranti "Usisya", and one called a firefish. Hopefully that will help. I am considering making the tank a dedicated cichlid tank.

I've never heard of a fire fish.. The others are all great I recommend you do an all male tank have one of each of the ones you listed then you won't have males fighting over females and males have the best colors

Back
Top Bottom