Yellow lab companion?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rossco

Aquarium Advice Activist
Just picked up a yellow lab! Starting a new tank 30 gallons! Any of ideas!!!!

Get a bigger tank and add a synodontis angelicus.

It's not that easy to just "get a bigger tank". He has a thirty gallon, he wants to work with that, give him advice for the thirty gallon man.

I love my demasoni cichlids you could probably pit 3 in there as they grow about 3-4 inches. I currently have 4 in with 2 labs, 3 peacocks, 2 butterflies, 1 blue dolphin, 1 upside down catfish, 2 ancestrus plecos! I have a 55 gallon my 1 female demasoni just dropped 14 fry and my fish are thriving :) just provide lots of hiding places for them and the demasoni will really light up your tank

I love my demasoni cichlids you could probably pit 3 in there as they grow about 3-4 inches. I currently have 4 in with 2 labs, 3 peacocks, 2 butterflies, 1 blue dolphin, 1 upside down catfish, 2 ancestrus plecos! I have a 55 gallon my 1 female demasoni just dropped 14 fry and my fish are thriving :) just provide lots of hiding places for them and the demasoni will really light up your tank

Demasonis aren't suppose to be kept in less than a group of 12, because of there aggression towards there own kind. I don't have any experience in them, but that's what I've heard. If its working for you, than that's awesome. But from what I've heard I don't recommend it.

Thanks jakepen lol and no kidding ... Watta clown....clearly says I have a 30 gallon does NOT say lookin to upgrade ... Like rattling

Demasonis aren't suppose to be kept in less than a group of 12, because of there aggression towards there own kind. I don't have any experience in them, but that's what I've heard. If its working for you, than that's awesome. But from what I've heard I don't recommend it.

I don't have them either, but I have read the same thing in multiple places about demasonis being atleast a group of 12.

Ya, I was bummed to hear that. I'd love to keep them, but I don't want to fill up 12 spots with one species. But hey tlc if its working for you, than that's awesome.

Back
Top Bottom