Yellow Lab Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

emmamc91

Aquarium Advice Regular
Decided to strip my female yellow lab.. 14 fry, with yolk sac eyes and tails, in a floating Tupperware pot with tiny drilled holes, floating in the top of the tank... Just wanted to know that they're not too small etc, and what to do next...

Thanks

Emma x

Attachments

• image-1122561235.jpg
    image-1122561235.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 57
  • image-971214040.jpg
    image-971214040.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 47
im sorry, they are much too young to survive. your best shot is letting the mum pick them up or you have lost the lot of them. sorry xxxx

she incubates them, keeps oxygen constantly circulating and keeps them warm until they are ready to survive. an egg tumbler coud save them, by using a constant filtration method, but that tumbler isnt enough. i learnt this the hard way trust me

I won't be able to catch her again now, the tank temperature is quite warm anyway as standard, my circulation is really good, more so in the area they're placed, they're all swimming at the moment, so I guess I'll hope, if not, they'll brood again eh?x

they will breed again hopefully yes, and its a good sign that they are breeding as it shows happiness so good job
you might just wanna leave mumma to hold the for longer next time though, i had 19 red zebra fry all in that exact shape in a well holed breeder box by the pump and in a heated tank... lost every one over night
best of luck with those though! xx

Back
Top Bottom