yellow lab holding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Munger22391

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just found out this morning that my yellow lab is holding. this is a first for me so I was wondering what I can do to help her out and keep the fry alive. I have a spare 20g that I will be placing her in tonight but is there anything else I should do? and also what should I feed the fry I have some bloodworms would that work. thanks for any help

If she's separated she should spit when they're ready. I feed my fry newly hatched live brine shrimp until they're big enough for pellets. Then NLS cichlids formula.

okay thanks! a lfs up the road has newly hatched brine shrimp so ill get some, how long does it normally take for her to release the fry. I just noticed her mouth getting bigger yesterday

okay thanks! a lfs up the road has newly hatched brine shrimp so ill get some, how long does it normally take for her to release the fry. I just noticed her mouth getting bigger yesterday

I believe mine brood for almost a month. Chances are, if you can tell she's holding, the fry have already hatched and are growing. I would wait to get the brine shrimp until the fry are released. The fresher the brine shrimp, the more nutritious.

I believe mine brood for almost a month. Chances are, if you can tell she's holding, the fry have already hatched and are growing. I would wait to get the brine shrimp until the fry are released. The fresher the brine shrimp, the more nutritious.

okay thanks ill make sure to wait. I did a little more research last night and I found that if she feels safe she will release the fry to eat quick then scoop them back up, so should I try to feed her every couple days or every day

Back
Top Bottom