Yellow labs and dwarf cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tex777

Aquarium Advice Regular
I wanted to know if 1 yellow lab is compatible with dwarf cichlids. It sounds pretty crazy to me but my local aquarium store says that 1 adult yellow lab can be with adult dwarf cichlids. I'm not sure if I believe it , but if it is possible, it would be awesome. Since I do not believe it yet, I would like to ask you guys. I really like to hear all you cichlid lovers input:) Also, what minimum size aquarium do they have to be( yellow labs)? If they are not compatible, before you say anything , remember that it's the guy from my local aquarium store saying this, not me.

Thanks

mfdrookie516 said:
Dwarf mbuna, yes (in an appropriate tank). Dwarf south americans, no.

Could you tell me the names of some dwarf mbunas ? And what exactly do you mean by appropriate tank ( how big)?

Sorry, I edited as you were typing I guess. I'd say 4' tank, but a bigger 3' tank with a wide footprint might work. Just a few dwarf mbuna- demasoni, rusty, saulosi, hongi (some consider dwarf, some don't). That's not all by any means, but the only ones I've really dont any research on.

Back
Top Bottom