Yellow tail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brandon D.

Aquarium Advice Freak
Has anyone ever had or does anyone have a buccochromis rhoadesii? Any suggestion on a good place to get one?

Try to order them online from live aquarium or imperial tropicals but the shipping it's like 20 dollars

Ordering them from Petco?! Ah man thank you for providing me with a good laugh this morning.

Buccochromis rhoadesii aka Yellow Lepturus aren't terribly common in the hobby. The best places I can recommend to get them from are:

www.davesfish.com
www.wetspottropicalfish.com

I know neither of them have them in stock currently but I would email them both and see what future availability looks like.

Also I hope you have a large tank ( 180 gallon +) available for these fish if you are serious about obtaining some because they grow to be 16" long.

Be prepared to spend some $$ too depending on the size of these fish they can be pretty spendy plus shipping will run $30 + . Big Malawi haps are worth every penny though in my experience, I commend you for wanting to stock something outside the norm.

Just as a side note if you aren't able to find them and are still on the hunt for a big yellow hap I'd recommend Exochochromis anagenys. They stay a little smaller 13-14" and the males get an awesome blue mask when they spawn.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393176562.813993.jpg

Back
Top Bottom