Yippee My Kribs have Spawned (Yet Again) ver 8.1 "The search Birth Control!!".

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kribbman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Yippee My Kribs have Spawned (Yet Again) ver 8.1 "The search Birth Control!!".

Well I have some mixed news for you guys, I am both glad and sad to say that my Kribbs have not spawned in a while. After their last spawn from the tank about 25 young kribbs. They haven't done it again, and I think I know why. I currently have a snail infestation in my tank and I suspect they are eating the eggs.
I know the kribbs havent stoped trying cause I see them doing their mating rituals "Cichlid shimmy" and then darting to their cave. but there hasnt been any eggs or fry for a few months now, and ironicly enough im starting to miss them.
Its really cool watching them care for their fry, the part I dread is fishing them out when its time to get them out. It take me lie 3 hours to get em all :silly:.
As a kribb enthusiast I can say that If Kribbs were hard to breed they would be one of the most sought after cichilds out there.

Just to point this out, this thread should of been posted in the Freshwater & Brackish - Breeding category. If a mod could switch this, it would be nice, thankyou.

Besides that, seems like the snails are eating the eggs if they are continuing to do the ritual. If you can, try to catch them doing their rituals then keep checking up on them and see if you can find some eggs. They deff. are pretty easy to breed, not as easy as convicts or livebearers, but they are very close. Simplely by feeding more often of different varities of food, combined with frequent large water changes, normally is a very good trigger for spawning for tons of fish.

Seems like your doing a good job with them, keep it up. Maybe you could start selling the Krib fry once they hit a certain length. Normally when they start showing some decent color, that's the time to sell.

Moved to cichlid discussion. Kribs are a beautiful fish to be sure. Glad you are enjoying having them so much.

Im jealous, but i won't be for long ( hopefully). I haven't had Kribs in a while. Im picking up a pair of normal P. Pulcher from a guy on wednesday night at a fish club meeting. He can't get them to breed, so Im going to give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom