Young JD and EBJD fighting, playing, breeding?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rivers2k

Aquarium Advice Addict
My female JD and Male EBJD are both about 2.5" to 3" They lip locked for about a second and are rubbing against each other. They are way to young to be breeding right? They are in a 75 gallon. I usually feed cichlid pellets but the past two nights I have been feeding frozen blood worms maybe this is making them more ornery?

Usually my 1 JD hangs out with my two EBJD's but now it is these two showing interest in each other. Anyone ever see JD's spawn this young? Any ideas fighting, playing, breeding, testing?

I should add there was no further sign of aggression after this. MAybe they were flirting lol.

I had a 2 inch auratus that had five babies, out of which three survived. My 2 inch kenyi is also holding. Good luck!

I don't know what the above are talking about... But it sounds to me like they could be testing each other for future spawns. But if it was in one area it could have been a territory dispute.

They are back to there normal swimming together. Didn't see any signs of aggression last night. I think I got excited to quickly I have never seen cichlids that young lip lock. I do hope the spawn in the future.

Back
Top Bottom