10 gal nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christopherlh84

Aquarium Advice Activist
Have a Aqueon 10 gal with a quietflow 10 filter and pro 50 watt heater. Could I make me a nano reef with a fish or two with some invertebrates? Also what would I need to get for it?

I wouldn't bother until you at least get a 20 gallon you could maybe put a goby in there maybe! On the bright side petco is doing a $1 per gallon sale maybe look up that and it depends where you get live rock! It could be anywhere from 3 to 9 dollars a pound and it adds up quickly.

Shoot yea you could do an awesome looking nano reef with your 10 gallon! I would look into doing some upgrades on your tank though especially if your looking to keep corals. Your going to need a better light, a power head, a refractometer, and lots of live rock.

You can definitely do a nice 10 gallon saltwater reef tank.

I've seen a few amazing ones and a friend of mine has a awesome 10 gallon reef setup.

Here's some inspiration.

image-3589821081.jpg

image-2120880590.jpg

That's a 10 gallon right there. I don't care what anyone says. That tank is looking pretty good for a 10 gallon and does the job of standing out in his living room when company is over.

Okay so everyone says you can do a 10 gallon build well...do it! Make an awesome nano reef! Fish? Pssh you need some freaking awesome corals in there! Get a t-5 or metal halide light and you could put (almost) any coral you wanted in there!

Saltwater reef said:
Okay so everyone says you can do a 10 gallon build well...do it! Make an awesome nano reef! Fish? Pssh you need some freaking awesome corals in there! Get a t-5 or metal halide light and you could put (almost) any coral you wanted in there!

Not sure if that's sarcasm, kind of hard to tell over the PC. I don't see any reason why someone can't do a 10 gallon reef setup and have it look amazing. My friend uses 2 Par30 LED lights from boostLED. Pictures don't lie. As long as you test test test and do your water changes you'll be fine. Are you limited on fish? That's a given. It's one or the other.

Some people can't afford a 100+ gallon tank and just want a "little" piece of the ocean in there home.

Like you said go for it! And enjoy it! I have a bio cube 29 and a innovative marine nuvo 8 gallon and I'm very happy with them both :)

No sarcasm didnt mean for it to be so sorry if I offended you, but I am serious get some t-5s or metal halides and you can make a little reef in that 10 gallon!

Saltwater reef said:
No sarcasm didnt mean for it to be so sorry if I offended you, but I am serious get some t-5s or metal halides and you can make a little reef in that 10 gallon!

Haha it's all good. Hard to read through typing sometimes. I agree some good lights will be needed and then you can go crazy with the coral selection.

Thank for the advise? I just started a job at a fish store so I should be able to get it for cheaper hopefully

Back
Top Bottom