10 gallon advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I never use an extra tank to cure fresh rock, just a normal bucket. Honestly, I also never bring rock home from the shop wet. I just have em bag it and put some wet newspaper or paper towels over it. Then place the risk in a styrofoam box (most shops have a few for free if you ask). Water transport is the best option but it's just to messy for rock, at least for me.

The only real die off I worry about are sponges. You can see and smell them pretty easily. They're usually black and dead from overseas shipping. Just use a firm toothbrush to get them off of the rock and that will greatly help things. As far as die off goes they're by far the worst offenders. I actually cycle every reef with live rock. It's just one of many options.

Yeah I have plenty of five gallon buckets.

My hammer is doing well added one more coral a bristle starfish and did a little aquascaping

Attachments

• image-2235910303.jpg
    image-2235910303.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 82
I have star polyps they haven't opened all day I just got em today and my hammer is open but not as much as usual I think cause it fell and I can't find one of my barnacle blennys please help

zhuber said:
I have star polyps they haven't opened all day I just got em today and my hammer is open but not as much as usual I think cause it fell and I can't find one of my barnacle blennys please help

I didn't see this until today so I'm a bit late to help. Is the situation any better? I can't remember, what lights are you running?

I didn't see this until today so I'm a bit late to help. Is the situation any better? I can't remember, what lights are you running?

I upgraded my lights a few weeks ago I have two t5 24 watts each bulb my corals are doing ok missing a barnacle blenny I was gone all yesterday came back tonight have this growing I cleaned most of it and I also bought a circulation pump 180 gallon per hour. Cause of my phone and lights I can't get a good picture but its red looks like rust and where do I point the pump?

Attachments

• image-1999950805.jpg
    image-1999950805.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 76
I can't make it out from that photo. If it's diatoms it'll go away on it's own but if you have cyano you can siphon it out with air line tubing and test your phosphates. 2 T5s should be fine for growing all the corals you have. For the pump, every tank can be a bit different considering rock and coral placement and coral species. You just have to play around with it.

I heard it from to much light or not enough flow so I bought two circulation pumps everything seems to be getting better

Attachments

• image-2132523252.jpg
    image-2132523252.jpg
    158 KB · Views: 67
  • image-1297507877.jpg
    image-1297507877.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 60
  • image-240762285.jpg
    image-240762285.jpg
    147.9 KB · Views: 58
  • image-188571333.jpg
    image-188571333.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 64
Decided to go to the biocube 29 heard it will be a lot easier I got a free 40 lb bag of sand advice on how to switch over and any knowledge on the biocube would be greatly appreciated I'm no saltwater genius but I am a determined devoted hobbyist.

Attachments

• image-3962970874.jpg
    image-3962970874.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 57
Back
Top Bottom