10 gallon advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Brought my water to this guy who's a distributor to lfs he's got by far a lot more fish and knowledge he showed me a website of fish I can get then showed me what he has he had some really awesome clownfish that were like 100 dollars I passed on them but I got a pair and I know a lot of people have done it and a lot wouldn't do it but if they get big he said he will trade me or I will upgrade my tank depending on how this one goes for me he seemed like a good guy and knowledgeable if I didn't trust what he said I wouldn't of spent the money I did so hopefully all goes well here's some pictures.

Attachments

• image-3338374679.jpg
    image-3338374679.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 62
Love b/w clowns! 2 clowns in a 10 seems pretty cramped, so just make sure you keep up on the weekly PWCs and keep the parameters in check. Good luck with your new tank!!

Love b/w clowns! 2 clowns in a 10 seems pretty cramped, so just make sure you keep up on the weekly PWCs and keep the parameters in check. Good luck with your new tank!!

Thank you am yeah trust me I didn't spend the money I did on them for nothing I'm gonna be very on top of things he gave me this green stuff to give them for a little twice a day to eat I forgot what it's called do you know? And have you used it here's a picture

Attachments

• image-1817797864.jpg
    image-1817797864.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 70
Clowns are goofy. Some are chill, others are spazzy and never stay still.
I don't know what that green stuff is. I don't have anything green. My clowns like mysis, brine, flake, new life spectrum pellets, rods food. But none of that is green. Sorry, IDK.

Yeah he put it in his tank I guess it dosent add to to the nitrates and it will get them eating I'm gonna buy pellets soon

I got a big package of frozen brine shrimp at my lfs for my clowns for $3. They went bazerk!

Is the ones that become alive when they thaw? And I have brine flakes

Hmm. Well, it was very clearly tiny shrimp, but I didn't notice them being alive. Lol. I don't think they were.

Hmm. Well, it was very clearly tiny shrimp, but I didn't notice them being alive. Lol. I don't think they were.

I'm thinking blood worms lol. My bad. My clowns ate that green stuff very well so that's a good sign definitely gonna do the weekly water change to keep them happy and the parameters in tact. The guy at the store I went to gave me a packet on keeping reefs and reef fish ill take pictures as well as saying on top of what I have I could possibly do a goby I forgot the name of it but it cleans the sand he said its a better cleaner then then snails. The packet had a page for nitrates nitrites ph ammonia etc

Attachments

• image-3934586535.jpg
    image-3934586535.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 52
  • image-2901185590.jpg
    image-2901185590.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 44
  • image-3215720750.jpg
    image-3215720750.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 47
I'm thinking blood worms lol. My bad. My clowns ate that green stuff very well so that's a good sign definitely gonna do the weekly water change to keep them happy and the parameters in tact. The guy at the store I went to gave me a packet on keeping reefs and reef fish ill take pictures as well as saying on top of what I have I could possibly do a goby I forgot the name of it but it cleans the sand he said its a better cleaner then then snails. The packet had a page for nitrates nitrites ph ammonia etc

Haha. I was confused. I was really excited about feeding time so I could notice whether they came alive or not. I had already pictured myself having a brine shrimp tank. :)

That's awesome. Sounds like you have a good lfs! Also, gobies are really awesome.

Haha. I was confused. I was really excited about feeding time so I could notice whether they came alive or not. I had already pictured myself having a brine shrimp tank. :)

That's awesome. Sounds like you have a good lfs! Also, gobies are really awesome.

Yeah I have a few to choose from so I get a few opinions then use common sense I guess and this site.

Did a water test today my ammonias at zero nitrates about a five ill do the others now to check

Sorry one last thing this is why I love this hobby got into saltwater money aside stress of doing it all right the learning experience of learning about such interesting beautiful animals and this picture here makes it all worth it to me.

Attachments

• image-1986056346.jpg
    image-1986056346.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 65
Sorry one last thing this is why I love this hobby got into saltwater money aside stress of doing it all right the learning experience of learning about such interesting beautiful animals and this picture here makes it all worth it to me.

Haha! Happy little clowns swimming around! :)

Clowns are eating very well one of them nips at the snails and hermits should I be concerned?

Clowns are eating very well one of them nips at the snails and hermits should I be concerned?

I wouldn't. My blenny sometimes nips at the Nassarius, but I think that's cuz he thinks their tubes are bloodworms. Lol He's a little crazy about bloodworms. :) He hasn't actually hurt any of them yet.

I wouldn't. My blenny sometimes nips at the Nassarius, but I think that's cuz he thinks their tubes are bloodworms. Lol He's a little crazy about bloodworms. :) He hasn't actually hurt any of them yet.

Interesting

Back
Top Bottom