10 gallon fish choices

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Helios

Aquarium Advice Activist
Still have a few weeks until the tank will be cycled, but I wanted to do some research so once it's cycled I can just get fish.

What are your favorite fish combos for a 10 gallon? I want really colorful, active, and unique.

Also, must have inverts.

I'd love a flame Angel but not this tank.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Firefish, bicolor blenny, hifin goby, yasha goby, clown gobies, chalk bass

How many critters/corals/inverts can you safely add at one time?

Okay. Thanks.

I think I have my fish narrowed down a little. I'd like to do a mix of 2-3 of these. Thoughts?

Catalina goby
Clown goby
Firefish
Ocellaris clown
Royal Gramma
Pygmy wrasse

Okay. Thanks.

I think I have my fish narrowed down a little. I'd like to do a mix of 2-3 of these. Thoughts?

Catalina goby
Clown goby
Firefish
Ocellaris clown
Royal Gramma
Pygmy wrasse

Catalina is a cold water species, can't put him in with the rest. Other then that it sounds good.

Catalina's are cold water. One clown may be ok, but most people are against it.

I have an oc clown in a 10 gallon with a fire fish and a coral banded shrimp, they get along great. Really depends on personality of the fish. Buy them while they're still young!

I think 5 fish is too much for a 10g. :-( And I'm pretty liberal in my stocking. lol

The wrasse is a bad choice as well as the cold water catalina.

I think 5 fish is too much for a 10g. :-( And I'm pretty liberal in my stocking. lol

The wrasse is a bad choice as well as the cold water catalina.

I don't think they're puttin all 5 in, just those were what they liked.

Haha. No not all 5 those are just my top choices. I didn't realize the Catalina was cold water. Guess that's why you ask. I think a goby for sure. I really enjoy watching them walk/swim. Then the Royal and a clown? Would this be overstocked? I feel like clowns have such a mixed response from people.

Back
Top Bottom