10 gallon invert tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Konrade

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have a 10 gallon with a 4" dsb and a bio-wheel filter, and nothing else. I have been thinking about buying a berlin air lift skimmer and using about 20 pounds of lr to have a nano reef. I plan on buying a coralife 20" PC(4 watts per gallon), and calcium and iodine and the usual additives. I want some kind of zoanthids and maybe some shrooms. Can I keep these? Also, can I just use the bio-wheel as a substitute for the powerhead? It is rated at 125 gph, and it really circulates the water. What fish can I have? Also, are there any other corals that I can have? Any input would be greatly appreciated. TIA

calcium and iodine and the usual additives.
Do not waste your money on these additaive. Get some more LR instead. Regualr water changes will be more then enough to keep levels where they need to be. Be VERY carefull of adding anything (especially iodine) to a small tank. The chance of over-dosing is very high and not worth the risk. Lighting should be fine for soft corals, even some LPS corals.

Thanks Lando. What brand food should I get? I was thinking marine snow, is this ok?

I like DT's plankton myself. Some Liquid Life Marine Plankton with Cyclop-eeze is also good.

Back
Top Bottom