10 gallon mini reef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Shanetweedz

Aquarium Advice Freak
Getting 10 gallon mini reef what do I need to buy and how much would it be also need some help on stocking

Are you getting it set up? Or planning a 10g reef? Check out the starting a saltwater tank articles on here and as mentioned above do plenty of research!

Have done lots of research but need to now what it would set me back by

A 10g reef? I am looking into setting up a simple size tank so here is what I have...
The tank (already got)
Lights - par 38 led $80 dimmable
Rock/sand $80
Powerhead/s $60
Because I have a 55g saltwater I already have test kits, a refractometer and all the little bits and bobs, nets, meds, buckets, magnets etc. but that's stuff could set you back another $100 - $150 easy. (My mag float was $100 alone!)
If you don't have already an ro-di unit for making water, for a reef it is necessary IMO. They can be around $150. I am considering going filter less on mine, but if this is your first saltwater that may not suit you. My biggest concern is maintenance, a lot can go wrong in a small tank really quickly and evaporation, top offs daily. Hope that helps!

Definitely top off every day ..!

My 10g loses a lot in just a day!

As stocking, most people go with clowns but I would avoid those. Look at smaller gobies like neon and the fire fish. Also inverts are great too

Back
Top Bottom