10 gallon nano-reef coming together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't wait until my new corals from reefs2go.com come today! I'll post pics when I get home. It will be around 5:30-6:00

Fragging is essentially the same as trimming with your plants, only difference is we're cutting off living pieces of the coral that will heal up and start another colony. The goal is to sell them and help offset the costs but usually I end up selling 2 frags to some one local and giving them 4-5 freebies so.....

Thank you that explains it well. I guess the only real difference between trimming and fragging is that your corals actually have a sell on value. Plant trimmings are very cheap to buy. Remember plants are living too. Most need just as much work as your corals. We try to add the things you remove from your tanks. Nitrate, phosphorus, iron, potassium, magnesium amongst others. Oh and of course lighting and co2 are very important too

Potassium and iron aren't so important in reef tanks. We have strontium, iodide things like that. Id love to keep this convo going, but we have today focused on the OP's tank.

Potassium and iron aren't so important in reef tanks. We have strontium, iodide things like that. Id love to keep this convo going, but we have today focused on the OP's tank.

Yea very interesting the differences but i was also going to suggest its gone off topic. Anyway i shall return to lurking in the depths of the reefing world soaking up as much knowledge as i can ready for the day i start my own reef

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395759567.603436.jpg
Anyways, here's some frogspawn I wanted to buy. I will wait until later but what do they need?

That sounds pretty good I have saw some that are really expensive I would buy it for that!!

Subscribed! I'm anxious to see if those LED's will support the diversity you've got there, and I'm also anxious to see how your experience with R2G goes....

Reefs2go has a 50% off of everything sale
(y)

Subscribed! I'm anxious to see if those LED's will support the diversity you've got there, and I'm also anxious to see how your experience with R2G goes....

They're all doin great so far! Even the plate

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been waiting for an order for a month now. Not really happy. I hope your experience is better.

Back
Top Bottom