10 gallon nano-reef coming together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
How long should the corals take to open? They have been in the dim white with blue light for 2 days. A few hours?

Yeah, it is very apparent that you've added more rocks to the left. It looks 3" higher and it curves back to the front. Seems like it would create a lot of dead spots behind that rock.

I added one rock and didn't change anything else

I took the initiative to circle what things have changed from both pictures. It's a lot more then adding one rock. The circles on the left are a couple of rocks being added/moved at least. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397172409.837934.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1397172418.764821.jpg

Left is new rock. Middle I moved down abit and there is a rock of zoas and right is turned to be a more stable platform.

No it's fine. It just shows that it can create dead spots. Nothing against you. Rescaping would be a great idea though. The tank does look better with the bulb though.

Thanks. How long should it take for the zoas to adjust to the new light? Some are out some aren't.

Hmm rescaping?? You don't say! Like I previously suggested, corals need as much light as possible so therefore your fish will still have plenty of swimming room if you add height to your rock scape which would also benefit your corals. Just a friendly word of advice mate, there will always be varying opinions in forums, so you may not always hear what you want to hear. Good luck with your venture.

Back
Top Bottom