10 gallon nano-reef coming together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's not that every tank is different to maintain corals. Much of is the owners maintenance schedules. If you have an SPS dominated tank, and you never do a water change or dose calcium, then it probably won't work out, right? Softies can handle fluctuating parameters better then LPS or SPS, though LPS isn't much harder to do, as longs as you research before you buy, you'll be all good!

OP- Stock sounds good. How's the cleaner doing? Or did you return him because there no check by his name.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's doing good. He's settled in and has started to move around the tank. I did a 4 gallon water change yesterday.

On another note- my Xenia is not doing too good. It seems to be dying?? It turned lighter pink and it went kinda droopy yesterday. Why could this happen??

The water is good. The nitrates are a little high but not too high. Can't get a pic. Sorry. I'm at school. I'll post one when I get home Around 3:00

I'll do another water test today but everything is doing ok apart from my Xenia

Xenia is a real finicky coral IMO. I've never been able to keep it alive. It also ships horribly. Once it goes downhill there is usually no coming back for it

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395453340.190912.jpg
Here's the zoas. :) they're already starting to open. The rock also has a mushroom on it.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395453375.630323.jpg
Here's three of the candy canes

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395453407.724129.jpg
Goby is doing good

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395453435.246408.jpg
Here's the whole tank

Water is perfect! Got the new corals for just $40.

Update on zoa rock. It has 2 mushrooms on it! And yellow polyps. Good deal for $25!

Thanks!

Also did a 4 gallon water change today.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395500077.000506.jpg
Zoanthids opened! Anyone know what kind they are?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395500122.631255.jpg
Here's a close-up of one of the mushrooms.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395500162.940980.jpg
Here's the candy canes

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395500197.511460.jpg
Here's the whole tank this morning

Sexy shrimp, Pom poms, skunk cleaners, all sorts of snails... The list is endless! Search for "reef safe inverts" and you'll find endless amounts of info on these guys.

Inverts can be really cool! I agree that two fish sounds is a limit on a tank this small, but finding cool inverts that would get lost in a larger tank (as others have said) is really fun!

Back
Top Bottom