10 gallon nano-reef coming together

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow the way this reef is going there wont be a single piece of bare rock left by ermmmm next week!! Slow down! Whats the rush with it all?

Actually, that's true. Those frags might all get to big for the tank.

OP- how many frags do you have?

Oh i wasnt talking about growth. Im from the fresh side so in all honesty i have no idea on the growth rate on corals. I was just commenting on the ops eagerness to buy fish, shrimp and corals even though far more experienced 'reefers' were advising not to. I guess when your excited about a project sometimes your blinkered to advice

Oh i wasnt talking about growth. Im from the fresh side so in all honesty i have no idea on the growth rate on corals. I was just commenting on the ops eagerness to buy fish, shrimp and corals even though far more experienced 'reefers' were advising not to. I guess when your excited about a project sometimes your blinkered to advice

Oh I meant to separate the growth comment from the trueness of yours, haha. You are right though, slowing down wouldn't hurt at all.

Reef tanks are beautiful when done right. I really hope the op can get what they want from this tank. I do worry though. From what i read the op seems to have little knowledge of the nitrogen cycle. I think less coral buying and more time reading would be very useful. I can understand its tough when your young though

Reef tanks are beautiful when done right. I really hope the op can get what they want from this tank. I do worry though. From what i read the op seems to have little knowledge of the nitrogen cycle. I think less coral buying and more time reading would be very useful. I can understand its tough when your young though

Well that and he is new to the hobby. He'll learn from his mistakes, and that's alright. Corals don't have much of a bioload though, so adding some every week doesn't have a big affect on the system. It seems like he is pretty full though.

I have 3 frags and a mushroom and candy canes. More zoas and a ricordia today though

Point taken. Im forever adding plants to my planted tank. There must be a limit though surely when you've got no more available space?

That's when it's time to frag :D and I can always find space if it's a must have coral, it just may require a but of rescaping ;)

What does that mean? Im not a salty sorry lol

Fragging is essentially the same as trimming with your plants, only difference is we're cutting off living pieces of the coral that will heal up and start another colony. The goal is to sell them and help offset the costs but usually I end up selling 2 frags to some one local and giving them 4-5 freebies so.....

Point taken. Im forever adding plants to my planted tank. There must be a limit though surely when you've got no more available space?

When you're out of rock space, move some Frags to the sand- bed.

Fragging is essentially the same as trimming with your plants, only difference is we're cutting off living pieces of the coral that will heal up and start another colony. The goal is to sell them and help offset the costs but usually I end up selling 2 frags to some one local and giving them 4-5 freebies so.....

That too!

Back
Top Bottom