10 Gallon Reef Build?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice. I'm going to do something similar with my ac 20.

Can I ask why you painted it black? Also. How much sand and live rock did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice assuming the app didn't crash.

black to keep light out except small window which I'll put a small light into to grow chaeto. I used 10 lbs of rock and im in the process of removing my sand.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sand free fuge or entire tank?

Sent from my XT1021 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

the fuge is sand free it's legit just chaeto and the tank is becoming sand free

I've seen a few threads with people moving towards sand free tanks. Why is that? Aesthetics? Some other benefits?

It's easier to clean a bb tank, and you can get away with more flow. But it's mostly just a personal preference I believe.

yeah bigreds right, it's just for more flow really for me. I don't mind the look though

Chaeto 12 hour and calerpa 24 hour is what I have heard

Some tanks just can't grow chaeto. It's an unexplained phenomenon. I wouldn't worry about it. BTW, running the light 24/7 for chaeto is a waste. 10-12 hours is plenty. I would try some caulerpa. Any kind will do, and this is the stuff you can run 24/7 and it may benefit you. Quoted from Mr X

Is that 10-12 hours continuous, or over a couple of periods during the day?

Continuous. Just use a cheap timer from Walmart or wherever you shop.

yeah I have a couple dollar store ones. just depends when I have time to hook it up now!

the water is still cloudy, all coral opening fully. this "poly-pad" thing im using as filter floss keeps getting greenish brownish, im thinking im still going through some sort of bloom still.

dang hermits ate my turbo -.- Also, when i got my large paly and zoa rock there was a small stony coral stung to all ends of the earth, anyways i clipped it off the rock and its making a come back, seems to be a micro plate coral haha

sorry was in a rush, its some sort of caulerpa. I was told to remove the rock and pull it all out slowly and just make sure none is left over.

Back
Top Bottom